Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Applications on a Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating System Platform
Course code MS2262
Duration 2 day(s)
This two-day instructor led course is to provide individuals who are new to Microsoft Windows XP with the knowledge and skills necessary to troubleshoot basic problems end users will face related to configuring and maintaining applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer and other applications that run on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System. This is an introductory course designed to provide information on how to troubleshoot applications running on Microsoft Windows XP.
This is the second course in the Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician curriculum.
This course is intended for new entrants and career changers new to the IT industry. They have experience using Microsoft Office and have basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills. Another audience is the current call center technician with 6 months experience looking to validate their support skills.
Attended Course 2261: Supporting Users Running the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System or Experience using Microsoft Office as a general use and Experience using a Microsoft Windows operating system such as Microsoft Windows XP
Delegates will learn how to:
• Configure and troubleshoot applications
• Troubleshoot application installation problems
• Configure and troubleshoot e-mail account configurations
• Configure and troubleshoot Internet Explorer
• Configure the operating system to support applications
• Manage Microsoft Outlook data, including configuring, importing, and exporting data, and fixing corrupted data
• Resolve issues related to customizing Outlook Express
• Resolve issues related to customizing the operating system
• Configure and troubleshooting connectivity for applications
• Configure application security
• Troubleshoot the TCP/IP protocol
• Set application compatibility settings
• Configure and troubleshoot Outlook Express
• Configure and troubleshoot file system access and file permission problems on multi-boot computers
• Resolve issues related to usability of applications.
• Resolve issues related to customizing Internet Explorer
• Identify and troubleshoot problems related to security permissions
• Answer end user questions related to application security settings
Instructional Method Interactive presentation and practical application through hands-on labs and group activities
Certification Preparation This course will prepare you for the following Microsoft exam 70–272